FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attempted to change award ticket online - maybe not in limbo?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:45 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthesam
Hah -- thanks for the optimism ! Actually, when @jsloan says something is a bad sign, I respect that. Thanks for chiming in.
I'm flattered. 😊 Happy to help.

Originally Posted by onthesam
If your theory is correct it sounds like LX may have dropped my ticket and reservation prior to my call this evening as the agent insisted neither pax had a confirmed seat on LX, a story which jives with the inventory available at the time I called.
Well, the reservation, anyway. The one ticket that already had a new ticket number had been changed to the LX flights, but it's entirely possible that LX dropped the reservation because the tickets were out of sync. (In general, everything on the same PNR needs to be identical).

Based on your latest update, it seems like things have worked out -- and that's actually a great lesson for people for the future. If you have enough miles to hold both reservations at the same time, that's the way to go. Just cancel the first one after the second is confirmed.