FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:57 pm
TommyC80

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by akhoya87
If I'm looking to snag an upgrade, is it better to book on the Cosmo website or the Marriott website? (Not sure that Marriott Titanium will get me anywhere.)

Thinking of booking a one-bedroom suite, but hoping that I might be able to work my way up to a wraparound terrace. (Unlikely, I know.)
It does not matter, and don’t hold your breath for that upgrade. I’ve spent over 120 nights at Cosmo over 10 years and I was upgraded to a wraparound ONCE, for a one night stay, on a Wednesday.

And the only reason I got that was because I had a back-to-back stay, one night in a terrace studio and the next three in a wraparound. Even then, I probably only got it because I knew the FDC due to my frequency of visits.

Cosmo’s “upgrades” are generally to better views. Sometimes you’ll move up a room category...but, other than that one time, I have never personally received a comp upgrade beyond the Terrace Angle (which I hate and refuse). That’s been true when I’ve been top tier Identity (Platinum) and top tier in Marriott...The old Platinum Premier and Titanium. Next month will be my first stay as Ambassador and I also expect zero in the way of upgrades.

Oh and don’t book a Terrace Suite expecting an upgrade to a Wraparound... it’s not going to happen. Probably 80 of my 120 nights have been in a Terrace Suite and I’ve never been upgraded from that room.

Last edited by TommyC80; Mar 5, 2020 at 9:04 pm