FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:04 pm
threeoh

Originally Posted by hur88
My question is -- are the terms "quarantine" and "self isolation" interchangeable here for the purposes of Trip Interruption coverage?
My reading is that if it is mandatory it's quarantine, doesn't matter if it's in a hospital or in your house.

Say at some point while I am there, the government mandates me to "self isolate" for 14 days at a hotel. If I am liable to pay hotel costs for 14 days, does trip interruption coverage cover that?
Trip Interruption insurance doesn't generally cover new costs. It will reimburse you for your return flight home you can't take (or the change fee (but not fare difference)) and maybe, under limited circumstances, costs of getting to the airport once you're out of quarantine. It will also reimburse you for cancellation fees (or full costs if unchangeable) for any onward hotels, train tickets, etc. you don't get to do because you are in quarantine. See the wiki for this thread for more info and FAQs.