FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:40 am
HIFlya

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I wouldn't make the assumption that this means they were not planning on clawing back credits for charges that were refunded. This may just be a belts and suspenders approach, as it seemed pretty obvious to me the existing terms and conditions allowed Amex to take back a credit when the charge was reversed. Could just be that some "hackers" were taking advantage of the system and now they will be pursuing with greater vigor.
Yeah, that is probably the case. In my case, my wife decided she didn't want to fly at all, even inter-island so I am going to have to cancel. It would be nice to know whether I need to use the $250 or lose it because I can always do a one night staycation at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and use the credit there. I guess I can go ahead and do that anyways because my Annual Night will expire before when we plan on being able to go to Grand Wailea again in October so I can use it there.