FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attempted to change award ticket online - maybe not in limbo?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:27 am
onthesam

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Attempted to change award ticket online - maybe not in limbo?

Notwithstanding the myriad sources who advise against attempting to do so, I none the less went ahead and attempted to change an award reservation for an upcoming (April) ORD-AMS travel with a companion using the united app. The change was from my originally booked ORD-MUC-AMS on LH to ORD-ZRH-AMS on LX.

Unlike other instances when I've been unable to confirm 'phantom' or other inventory and all I receive is the 'your reservation is processing' e-mail, this time I received an E-ticket Itinerary and Receipt e-mail containing Ticket Numbers and was able to log on to LX and generate an e-mail confirmation from them, also with ticket numbers and their own PNR.

Pulling the reservation up in UA app, however, shows "This flight segment cannot be confirmed, please contact United Reservations for assistance." I called reservations who said that LX did not confirm the seat and transferred me to web support who said the same. Hung up (actually requested that they not touch the reservations while I check with LX) but did not call back yet. Given global travel circumstances, I'm not in a huge hurry to get this resolved.

Any thoughts from the FT brain-trust? Mods please merge this if necessary.

Thanks!