FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:19 pm
rayfes

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Am leaving tonight after a pleasant 4 night vacation stay. Booked Sunday night even though I didn't land until Monday morning since I didn't want to gamble on the room being available at 10am after an 18 hour flight. I msg'd the property days before and checked in on the app to make sure I wouldn't be considered a no-show.

I have no status with WOH but was upgraded from a studio suite to residence suite which was nice since I did entertain guests one evening. I appreciated the complimentary mini bar with its 2 beers as the beers are quite pricey in SIN. The wall HDMI port in the living room didn't work but the soundbar had bluetooth and it was nice to stream music from my phone.

The automated shades were a nice touch but the lighting controls were confusing. I'm am electrical engineer and it was some effort to figure out how to turn off all of the lights in the room.

The flip flops were not comfortable but I did enjoy a dip in the pool. I'd suggest going to the 26th floor and walking down the steps to the pool at 25 instead of walking through the 25th floor lobby and restaurant in swim attire.

The mobile room key didn't work on my Pixel 4 (android) phone but perhaps my case is blocking the signal.

Staff is very friendly and I enjoyed drinks and the view at Mr Stork on the rooftop. I didn't eat at any of the restaurants as there are some many places to explore outside. I turned down the offer of including breakfast in my room rate.

Having the Bugis MRT subway station is a big plus and let me get around the city easily. There is also a 7-11 convenience store down there which let me resupply my room until 10:30p

Upon checkin I inquired about late checkout and was offered 2p at no charge. On the morning of my departure I reached out on Facebook messenger about a further extension but the bot did not understand my meaning so I called the front desk. They said they would check with a supervisor and ring me back. 20 minutes they called back and offered 4p check out at no charge. I'm leaving on a Thursday so perhaps they are not that booked up and corona virus fears are reducing demand. I appreciate the late checkout.

Regarding that the room seems very clean and they have posted notices about additional cleaning of common areas. I have not been to SIN in 15 years so I don't know how crowded it usually but I have been able to go many places without waiting in lines. The MRT subway is occasionally crowded and that would be the only thing I would avoid if you do not want to be around other people. SIN is expensive but Grab rides are very inexpensive. Ride from the airport was 20SGD and a ride to Sentosa island was only 10SGD.

I wish the tub was a whirlpool tub with jets but the bathroom is spacious.

I would definitely stay here again.

Last edited by rayfes; Mar 4, 2020 at 6:25 pm Reason: typos