FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:34 pm
tallboy

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by Xandrios
You always had to pay for additional taxes. This has been the case from the start.

You may have been unlucky with the CS. I've called them a few times the last two weeks (Move flights around, upgrade & waitlist) and never had to wait when calling the Gold line.
I agree with Xandrios, you seem to have had misfortune with CS. Whenever I call them, sometimes from Australia (so I am mindful of not spending too long on the call), my call has been answered promptly (English speaking) and my enquiry has been dealt with very efficiently, usually with success.

I called from Melbourne to upgrade some friends using certificates last month and the whole process took less than 8 minutes, start to finish. Another call about my flights took about 10 minutes, but included some very helpful advice and info on a tricky topic from the CS rep (she had to put me on hold for a couple of minutes while talking to a supervisor). I find it hard to complain about that.

Wishing you better luck in the future.

Last edited by tallboy; Mar 4, 2020 at 5:36 pm Reason: typo