FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will CX cut flights in April
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:09 pm
Arbeysix

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
I have to say, I think many of the comments on this thread are extremely harsh on CX. While I understand the frustrations of booking disruptions etc, this needs to be weighed against a situation that for any airline is extremely challenging to manage, let alone an airline that was already under significant pressure for reasons unrelated to the virus. This is an extremely cost intensive business and the impact of the current hit to cashflow must be massive. Against this backdrop IMO CX is doing the best it can to manage disruptions and taking appreciated and generous steps to retain loyalty. It will be very interesting to see how airlines in other regions handle these challenges once they reach a level that CX/other Asian carriers have had to manage. As for uncertainties associated with forward bookings into April/May, I can see how this must be particularly difficult to plan for. I'm sure there are many like me for whom the only reason we can't currently book CX is travel restrictions at port of arrival and who are itching to switch back to CX from the inferior substitutes we are currently flying out of necessity as soon as the restrictions are lifted.