FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive PAYBACK Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:26 am
Winglet

Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Angry Payback Points deleted for transactions at www.otto.de!!!

Looking today in my Payback Account was a shook!
During the Olympia Promotion you did get at www.otto.de 1500 points per transaction. So I decided to buy several times at www.otto.de and everything seemed to be O.K. because one day later I got all the points for each transaction. Not a bad value. Buying stuff between 1,29€ - 3€ and getting 1500 Points (=1500 Miles). So I did quite alot transactions and no problem so far. I was quite happy getting so many miles.
Because you are allowed to give back your purchased products within 14 days without any consequence the points are blocked until the transaction is completly fullfilled.
But today they just took away my Payback Points!!!
As you can imagine I did not hesitate to call the Payback Hotline.
The Payback Hotline told me to call the Otto Hotline.
The normal Otto Hotline gave me a phone number for the Otto Internet Service.
The Otto Internet Serive told me to call Payback because they manage the points and in her Internet Service Hotline Guideline ist written that all complaints for not getting points etc. has to be transferred to the Payback Hotline.
So I gave the Payback Hotline another try... This time I did get a nice person who told me that she privately herself has the same problem and will transfer me directly to the people in charge for the Paypack Shops. There I told the story again and after a while with the wonderful music on the phone somebody told me that I will get my points. Due to the fact, that alot of people have done this trick, they reduced the possibility to get points at www.otto.de to three transactions a month.

Geben Sie jetzt Ihre PAYBACK Kundennummer ein.
Sie werden dann zum ausgewählten Shop weitergeleitet.
Die Punkte werden nach erfolgtem Kauf in den nächsten
Tagen auf Ihrem Punktekonto gutgeschrieben.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir Ihnen pro Monat für max. 3 erfolgreiche OTTO Bestellungen PAYBACK Punkte gutschreiben. Kunden, die durch Ihren Kundenstatus bei OTTO bereits Vergünstigungen bekommen, erhalten leider keine PAYBACK Punkte auf Ihre Bestellungen.

But as I bought the stuff before the restriction applied, I will get the points within the next two weeks.
Hopefully they will keep their promise...