FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:04 pm
newbie_flyer

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Originally Posted by safari ari
Maybe it has to do with married segments? Where AS won't sell you the second leg at a lower mileage redemption bucket than the first?

Wonder if it is a glitch, something similar happened here: Award flights SBA-DEN now require two tickets and twice the miles
Thanks for the reply. That one does look somewhat similar, but different as my flight is not pricing out to the sum of the two separate flights (as that would be 45K). Also, AS does sell BOS-LIR flights on AS metal and my entire award is on AS metal. Another strange datapoint that I just discovered: if I add a return flight from LIR - SEA, then the outbound segments together are shown at the original price of 25K. Sadly, it won't let me only book the outbound BOS-SEA-LIR leg from that screen, and it also won't let me remove the return flight from the cart if I choose a return. And I don't have enough miles to book the return and then call to get it removed. If it doesn't correct itself in the next day or two, I'll call and see if the agents can do better than me.