FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:10 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
68. (1959) Three airlines operate nonstop service between New York City and Mexico City. Each airline operates a different aircraft type on this route. One airline advertises that it offers the fastest service on this route. Identify each airline, the aircraft type each operates and which airline operates the fastest flight.
68- I'm confident of two -- Eastern with (most likely) a DC-7 and Aeronaves de Mexico with the faster Britannia; as far as other U.S. carriers, I know Pan Am didn't operate IDL-MEX, so I'm thinking that this was another Fifth Freedom operation, which would of course point to either a European or a South American airline ... while I suspect most of those operations flowed through Miami or the Caribbean (with Iberia perhaps serving Montreal, as I know they did in the 1970s), I'll offer that the third airline we're looking for was Air France, operating their flagship L-1649A Super Starliner