FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:57 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Checked in today and used my suite upgrade and have the Central Park suite. As others have described it’s definitely like stepping back to the late 90s/early 2000s with room decor but honestly it’s not that bad. Got a $133 rate so no complaints!
A few data points :
-globalist breakfast is for 2 at Normas. I confirmed with 2 front desk folks you order and just sign your bill no set limit
-the pool is closed and won’t reopen. They are building condos on the top few levels
-they are about to start a complete renovation and after it’s done it will become a Thompson brand. No timeline yet

It’s sure not the Andaz but it’s not as bad as some described. I would come back for any rate under $250 again
So basically it's all you can eat at the restaurant? I'm not familiar with the building, but is the top currently occupied by the Parker or they're just adding additional floors and sell it as luxury condos?

Someone in another thread said this will be the flagship Thompson in New York? If so, I'm guessing the pricing will be similar to Park Hyatt New York?

Given the fact that the hotel looks a bit old, why would you say it's worth staying for $250 or less?