FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:20 pm
frenchft

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
You always had to pay for additional taxes. This has been the case from the start.

Of course, in most cases there are no additional taxes. Only specific destinations charge more taxes for business class. Or you have to be unlucky that the base tax has gone up, which will be re-calculated when your upgrade is processed (and ticket re-issued).

You may have been unlucky with the CS. I've called them a few times the last two weeks (Move flights around, upgrade & waitlist) and never had to wait when calling the Gold line.
They have applied the taxes on the whole ticket, but I was only been able to upgrade segment 2 (and the taxes paid are the CDG ones, but I have not been upgraded on the CDG leg).

I had such experience in the past (same as you : AMAZING). Now : really so-so. Maybe you are lucky with the greek speaking CS. I can tell you that the French one is a pain and the English one is a mix bag.