FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:28 pm
david_oz

Programs: UA 1K
Looking for some advice on my currently scheduled travel. Original ticket was booked late last year to HK and was meant to take place this weekend. On Feb 7, I rescheduled it to April 8th under the waiver in place at that time.

full itin is YYC-YVR-MUC-HKG-SFO-YYC. Upgrades are confirmed for YVR-MUC-HKG on LH using plus points. I’m hesitant to reschedule because of the magic I had to work to make the change to this routing to enable the upgrades in the first place. Meanwhile, HKG-SFO on UA is now cancelled and so I definitely need to change the ticket one way or another. How do I read the waiver that the original ticket must have been purchased by Feb 12? If I make a change to the HKG-SFO-YYC part, and the ticket is reissued, am I still covered under the waiver for future changes, or have I blown it because my ticket will now be dated after Feb 12?

my current line of thinking is to just leave the ticket as is until a few days before departure and make a game time decision whether to refund it, reschedule it, or go ahead and find a new way home from Hong Kong.