FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways introduces new Economy Class seat
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:53 pm
flying_blue_white_red

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by offvoice
You're right, they are now clearly identified with a different headrest color. Now that I flew those 6 times, I'd like to reassess my opinion on it: I actually think they are worth something. The good recline + legroom means you actually can have some decent sleep in those (more than on AF's W in their 787 they fly to NBO, AFAIC), and that even at full recline, it's unlikely someone behind you will bump your back. I still think the price is steep, but if you get a small discount due to your FF status, take it!)
Always good to read another opinion! Thanks for your input!
I stand to be corrected but AF 787 W seats are marginally different than A388 W seats; after my opup from CDG to JNB outbound! ( + an enhanced catering compared to KQ)!
Next time on KQ, row 2 or 3 will be reserved to eventually get a full flat seat !
From JNB on that day, the light load factor could allow many passengers to do so.

As you travelled a few times with KQ already, maybe now do you know if the middle seat is blocked off (at least at the first row) or it was just a glitch in their early days?
Or what does KQ exactly mean with a "free" middle seat?