FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far in advance to book/dynamic pricing?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:41 pm
SSintheair
Suspended

I'm having this problem right now. I am starting a new project at work that will have me very busy through July. We want to do a get away for my sister's birthday in late August and I'd like to get it booked and out of the way and rates are a) ridiculously high right row, the BHH entry level room is twice what I paid for a deluxe patio in August 2018. b) jumping all over. On Saturday I had decided on a suite at the Bel Air as the 100 a day made more sense. I go to book today and it has jumped up $300 a night. I go back to the 2 room option at the BHH and that too has jumped $100 per room. I got a suite at the Pen last summer for only $100 more than they want for the most basic room this summer and service majorly sucked last year so not keen to give them another chance anyway.

I think I will just book something and hopefully my agent will be able to change it for me if/when the rates drop with time. As someone who has to work hard to afford luxury travel and doesn't have an unlimited budget or a lot of time, it feels like it gets more stressful every year. I hate being a 'PIA client' who is bothering them every month to change rates but needs must.