FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket cancelled if not through security 90 mins before flight @YYZ??
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:12 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've been flying from YYZ for years, there is no such restriction or requirement, unless this is something VERY new (like within a couple weeks) where CBP is demanding extra time to scrutinize passengers, but this would assume they are still doing the scrutinizing after they've already cleared into the boarding area, so it doesn't even make sense.

If this was nonsense coming from another rogue UA contractor at YYZ, I would just ignore it, but if it's coming from UA officially, then I think we need to ask UAInsider to chime in on this with details because it does not make sense.

Having said this - certain days of the week, and time of day are very very busy, even with GE - so you can assume a trip through the entire process, end to end, on an early Monday morning could be an hour especially with the YYZ security very very annoying habit of checking 50% or more of the bags two at a time, so you could be waiting there 20+ minutes just for your bag to be looked at by a clueless dimwit who saw a pair of tweezers on the xray.