FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:20 pm
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by jinu11
Anyone stay here recently with a review? Am looking at a guys trip in a few month and wondering if this might be a good home base to stay at vs. Kimptons
I didn't get any photos but stayed in a king room last weekend. While nothing wowed me about the hotel, it is in a fantastic location close to light rail, bars and blue star donuts. If you're globalist the breakfast benefit is amazing (Spanish tortilla and brunch paella were really good), but if not plenty of restaurants in Portland to try outside the hotel. If you guys like to have a few drinks before going out be aware that there is no dedicated bar or market with alcohol, so if the restaurant is busy like it was when i was there you may need to go elsewhere.

The room being brand new was nice, bed was fine, and plenty of electrical outlets around. My only complaint is the awkward layout of the desk and chairs leaving nowhere to put a suitcase. If the guys trip involves spending as much time outside the hotel (breweries, hiking, whatever) it's a decent base to crash at. The Kimpton (Hotel Vintage?) is a bit more upscale, but they are all (except the waterfront one) in the same general location and should be good options.

I may actually stay at the convention center on my next trip if the rates stay as low as they are now. The rooms should be bigger and light rail stops pretty much in front of the hotel. Not much nightlife around, but quick redline or uber into downtown and I believe it will be more convenient getting to non-downtown areas.