FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:05 am
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Changed plans from Asia (duh), to Italy (surprise!), and now to Cabo. It’s an amazing day when I made a rational decision that Mexico gives us the least chance of getting sick. 🤣

I was able to use an Aspire weekend cert and 120k points for a two-night stay. They placed a $2,000 deposit in my Amex, haven’t checked if that posted or they just keep the card on file. Diamond Desk assured me that it would go away upon checkout, but I wasnt particularly concerned about that aspect. I just wanted to make sure the certificate was attached.

I noticed that in the app, “my stay” shows that there will be a 15% charge (somewhat unspecified - doesn’t say “resort fee” or anything, just that “all stays will be charged 15%). Dunno if that applies to points stays. It’s $900 a night so will be miffed if that 15% is charged on awards!

Well, let me know if anyone needs any data points on the WAPED! I’m looking forward to seeing if the reviews match my treatment (as I roll up in an Uber carrying nothing but a backpack.)