FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:20 am
yonatan

I was wondering if there is a way to force united.com to let me book an LX transatlantic under the LX flight number rather than the UA codeshare number? I'm trying to book a roundtrip IAD-TLV with the return TLV-ZRH-IAD. I'd like to take the LX afternoon flight ZRH-IAD and want to book it under the LX flight number because LX won't let me pre-reserve a seat if I book it as the UA codeshare. I can easily book it on a third party site like Priceline and it would get issued as an 016 ticket because my outbound flight is on UA, but I'd rather have UA issue the ticket directly so I don't need to deal with a third party for any changes. UA has no problem displaying other *A flights under the airline's numbers on the TLV-Europe leg, but will only show the codeshare no. on the transatlantic. I've seen references here to being able to even book non-* flight on united.com, but can't figure out how to force the LX flight number here - any advice?