FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton La Colonia Uruguay [Master Thread]
Old Feb 29, 2020, 8:38 pm
Mighty_Bluff

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just wrapped up a two night stay at this property as a nice detour from our Buenos Aires vacation. Came in via the Buquebus ferry. I reached out to the hotel and they offered a free transfer to and from the Ferry Port for us. I'm Titanium but assuming they do this for everyone that asks. At check in we were upgraded to a two room suite with living room, office and two bathrooms. Breakfast was a welcome gift option, which we opted for. They offer daily buffet breakfast in their main restaurant until 10:30am. The buffet was just average. Not bad nor good. This is a Golf resort, so there is a resort fee of $22 per night but as Plat/Titanium, this was reduced to $15 per night. They also offered me coupons for a couple of non-alcoholic drinks, a free appetizer and two glasses of wine to use later at their lobby bar. They have several outdoor pools, which were all freezing. A really huge hot tub, which is nice... and a big indoor pool that is pleasantly warm. The gym was also pretty big and had all new equipment that you would see at a local 24 Hour Fitness. This hotel is about 4 miles away from the main downtown area. Taxi's to the city are $10 USD. From the city back, there are many taxi stands and it cost us between $7 to $10 to get back to the hotel. I don't know why... but all restaurants and cafes offer a 22% discount for paying your meal with a Credit Card, as opposed to cash. On the cash side, they accept US dollar, and Argentinean and Uruguayan pesos. Last but not least, i received a very nice letter and gift from the Sheraton GM, thanking me for my Titanium status and loyalty and gave me a really nice Yerba Mate Gourd set/cup, which was being sold at their gift shop for $50 USD. All in all, a very nice hotel and stay. The hotel itself is slightly dated but nothing to really complain about and Colonia Del Sacramento is really a beautiful city and well worth a visit.