FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waiver for Tickets Purchased Through 12/31/2020
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:25 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I think you are being incredulous. You knowingly purchased a non-refundable ticket, declined the option to insure your purchase and are now upset with AS because you chose not to fly. Didn't you say AS refunded your SDC fees? How anti-customer service is that? Isn't a SDC just a lower change fee for same day travel?

As far as not allowing AS to resell "your" seats on the return, AS will just fill them last minute with standby passengers when you no show and resell their later day seats. Now that is really "showing" them, isn't it?

James
That's not how it works on the west coast routes. Yes, people from standby will get on, but economy seats on these routes 2-3 days out are $450 each way. They arent getting to resell my 4 seats at $450 each, that's for sure. I have watched AS's flights carefully, there isnt much day of departure selling at all and these flights are routinely booked solid, so they would love to have the inventory back to resell a few days in advance.