FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waiver for Tickets Purchased Through 12/31/2020
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:26 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I just had to cancel a weekend trip to SoCal, woke up with 2 kids with fevers and the other two of us with clear signs of illness. I pushed the flights out by paying for same day change to see if we could get to the doctors in the morning and potentially salvage. Three ear infections diagnosed. I eventually got our same day change fee refunded, but no flexibility at all on the underlying tickets, we just had to kiss them goodbye. I would love to have seen the situation if we showed up in our current condition on the plane, I have to guess that would have made our fellow passengers uncomfortable. I told the agents I was speaking with that I was not taking the flight this afternoon as much for public safety as for our own preferences. Since I booked 2 one ways, I will check in for the return and at least inflict a bit annoyance on them at the gate on Monday morning when they have to deal with us not boarding, and at least prevent them from reselling those seats over the weekend.