FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at LAS
Thread: Cars at LAS
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:34 pm
YVR_Flyer123

Programs: Natl EE, DL, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jak456
will be travelling to LAS later this year. I usually reserve a convertible. This year I am Executive.

I was wondering whether there is any sense in making an aisle reservation and asking them for a convertible (from this thread it seem that there are usually no conv on Exec Selection). Of course I would also have a back-up reservation for a Conv . However, I would only do this if there is a somewhat remote chance of success. What do you think?
I took the chance and just made a midsize reservation. Arrived around 10am on a Monday (during President's day holiday). ES was well stock with multiple Infiniti sedans, challengers, Altimas and the like; however, no convertibles.

Ended up going up to the greeter and asked nicely for a convertible (I casually mentioned I was in town celebrating my birthday). He ended up sending me to the convertible aisle (at Alamo I think, not sure), and ended up grabbing a V6 Camaro. Had a blast, quick enough and plenty of noise to scare pedestrians if you step on it.

You can keep the back-up if you like but they didn't seem to have a problem giving myself one on a holiday weekend.

Last edited by YVR_Flyer123; Feb 28, 2020 at 10:35 pm Reason: Words