FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2020-21)
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:34 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Ok, following up on using the Amex Platinum for premium beverages at a SkyClub.
I spent ~$20 one week ago, and as of today, no reimbursement and no movement on the meter.
The guest fee for entry to the MSY SkyClub I paid (which *was* reimbursed last month, 2 days after the charge) showed up with "Delta Air Lines Atlanta" as the merchant and "Club Membership Fee" as the description.
The bar charge was billed as "DELTA SKY CLUB283107JAMAICA NY" and does not have a transaction description.

I guess I will probably have to call Amex after 3 more weeks and argue this one out.
Follow-up here. I just spoke to Amex and they are manually processing the credit. No pushback at all. Agent did reference that because it has been 2 weeks since the transaction, he was able to push it through manually. Supposedly will post within 5 days.

So for those who already are elite or otherwise have free bags/C+ and want to remain "clean" about how they use their travel credits, and who like a nice(r) glass of wine or specialty cocktail on the ground, this is a decent way IMO. (In that there is no express prohibition against F&B charges in an airline club in the terms of the benefit.)