FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:55 pm
jjjohn

would love to know which Airlines bended the rule.

Originally Posted by MisterBill
I didn't need you to tell me that I am screwed. Other airlines are bending the rules and making exceptions given the situation and not going by the contract. They're not all acting like a**holes like SQ (and you*).

I've had someone on Cruise Critic tell me that I should have known to book my flight thru the cruise line because then when the cruise was cancelled my ticket also would have been cancelled. Or I should have bought the return ticket from Shanghai on the same booking as this one (even though I booked it on Delta) so it could have been cancelled by Singapore since they would have seen that I was going to China (although i wonder if they would have done it if they saw I was starting in Singapore). Neither is helpful and I would dare anyone to have told me that last June (when I booked this flight) that I should have considered this as a possibility. And by the way, I had travel insurance both from my credit card and for the trip, neither of which is covering this.

And Chase (Expedia) agrees that I am not being treated fairly but their hands are tied. The supervisor was going to file a complaint on my behalf, although I doubt it will do anything. He also gave me the address to write to Chase corporate, but once again I doubt it will help.

*Note I normally would not comment like this here but given that similar talk seems to be acceptable in the threads about Global Entry and NYS, I felt it was appropriate to speak my mind.