FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: AS only (2020-23)
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:43 pm
HIFlya

OK I don't know if this was known, because either I was previously mistaken or something has changed. My understanding is that if you have a refundable fare and an upgrade, when you cancel the ticket to get a refund, you can choose the form of refund, either travel credit to your wallet or refund directly to your card, and the refund would be the same for the entire purchase. The weird thing was that today when I was cancelling my refundable fares, they would not allow me to have the refund of the Premium Class upgrade fee as a travel credit, it HAD to go back to my credit card, even though the ticket fare itself I could get the refund as a travel credit. Was this how it was all the time and I just missed something in my research regarding all of this?

I just re-read eddiehuang97 reply to me earlier in the year regarding this issue and I completely brain-farted on what he meant or the ramifications. Sigh. I suck. I should have just went with WN. Anyone know what would happen if you request a refund on a refundable fare but the card you used was cancelled?

Last edited by HIFlya; Feb 27, 2020 at 6:27 pm