FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Bring Ritz-Carlton Caliber Customer Service To Any Type Of Business
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:46 am
writerguyfl

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Your whole post was excellent, writerguyfl, but I found this point particularly interesting. I, too, worked for Disney and very much resonated with the corporate style and values! But you may be interested (dismayed?) to hear that even Disney has started to behave more like Ritz-Carlton. There was a realization (correct, in my view) that particularly at Disney's high-end resorts, the level of guest service simply wasn't up to the standard of other world-class hotels and resorts. Interestingly, the cruise line and Aulani did seem able to deliver, but at the other hotels and DVC properties the service just wasn't up to snuff. About three years ago Disney lured several executives away from Ritz-Carlton to rejuvenate their high-end resorts. Personally I haven't noticed any improvements.
My experience as a Disney World Cast Member was not great. Without getting into details, I'll just say that my 10+ years of experience working into hotels meant zip to them. I couldn't get interviewed for positions that I previously held because they only discounted non-Disney work experience.

As for their high-end hotels, they certainly need help. (I'm actually surprised some of them have managed to hang onto their AAA 4-Diamond ratings.) I hadn't heard of a Ritz-Carlton connection, but that doesn't surprise me. That wouldn't have been the direction I've have gone in, but something is better than keeping the slow, downward trajectory that was happening.