FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Bring Ritz-Carlton Caliber Customer Service To Any Type Of Business
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:06 am
Beltway2A

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
However, the fact that some (or even many) people here on FlyerTalk have experienced mediocre/bad service at a Ritz-Carlton does damage the reputation of the brand. If Marriott is smart, they will proactively address the weak links in the chain. Maintaining the reputation of a brand requires work.
I think what you're missing is that for many mediocrity is now the standard at RC. I don't particularly care what currency someone uses to stay at a hotel, but all my RC stays have been with cash (most via FHR). Given the steady decline of the RC, it might be smart to focus on saving the handful of properties worth saving than trying to rehabilitate the plethora of sub-par hotels.

Originally Posted by Kacee
To me, "Ritz-Carlton service" means lots of empty "sirs" and stuffy, uncomfortable formality as s a substitute for actually providing quality service. I have generally had poor to mediocre experiences at Ritz-Carltons. None stand out to me as an example of the type of service I would like to receive.
Agreed. I've experienced some truly exceptional service from Anantara (one of my new favorite brands, I think) and Luxury Collection properties, as well as good service from other legacy luxury brands like StR and MO. These days I find the average Conrad to have superior and less stuffy service to the average RC.