FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Bring Ritz-Carlton Caliber Customer Service To Any Type Of Business
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:45 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I've always viewed the Ritz-Carlton approach as a regimented philosophy of customer service. When I worked in hospitality, the Ritz-Carlton's service was indeed deemed to be the pinnacle by many managers (general and otherwise). My first hotel job was at an upper-upscale property very much in the style of a Ritz-Carlton. At the Front Desk, everyone wore suits and guests were addressed with Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr.
I believe when executed as per RC "manual book" said, RC service is indeed outstanding. One of the example I experience would be RC Ras Al Khaimah Al Hamra Beach.
(Sorry cant find better word than manual book)
The service there easily match the service as Al Maha and Suiran Kyoto, both are A Luxury Collection Hotels.

However, the fact that some (or even many) people here on FlyerTalk have experienced mediocre/bad service at a Ritz-Carlton does damage the reputation of the brand. If Marriott is smart, they will proactively address the weak links in the chain. Maintaining the reputation of a brand requires work.
I guess when there are too many dead trees in the forest, the forest will looks ugly.