FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:17 am
Comatose.Captain
Suspended

- If I get a status challenge via Hyatt (as a Hyatt elite), will it provide interim status?

- Is the duration of the match the same as the "regular" non-Hyatt challenge? I currently am OWS via BA, so I assume it'd be best to start the AA challenge after 15 June.

- My impression is the challenge is pretty tough for someone based in mainland Europe. I mean, I can requalify for BAEC Silver (OWS) the regular way for at most EUR 1200. If my back-of-the-envelope math is right, completing the Platinum challenge would cost around EUR 800 or so. Seems like a lot considering challenges typically require you to complete roughly one-fourth of the regular qualification requirments. (The EQD seems to be the relevant hurdle in my case.)

EDIT: I mean, if the challenge is so hard, it may make more sense just to make BA Silver in the short time frame between the end of the tier point collection year and the status downgrade. That would give status for almost two full years.

Last edited by Comatose.Captain; Feb 25, 2020 at 10:25 am