FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of the Quality of UA's In-Flight Meals
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:12 am
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by spin88
Except, well, the data shows this is just flat wrong. I posted this upthread, and will post it again: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31993605-post150.html

I urge everyone to read this, as it is some actual market research: https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...sfaction-study

First Paragraph:

"Great food—the spicier the better—plus good customer service and a positive track record are the primary drivers of passenger satisfaction on international airline flights. In a stark departure from the price-driven culture of domestic airline customer behavior, the J.D. Power 2019 Airline International Destination Satisfaction Study,SM released today, finds that cost and fees are notably less important than in-flight services when it comes to delighting passengers on international flights."

If you have some different research, something beyond "Well I think the UA food, seats, service is great" happy to look at it....
I don't think surveys are really valid here. Of course people are going to say they like good food. That doesn't tell you anything about purchasing decisions. I bet there's a survey that says Y passengers care about legroom when we all know they don't.

If United was flying empty J cabins or giving out tons of upgrades, I would buy the notion they are doing something wrong. They aren't though- they are making bank.

At any rate, Polaris food is delicious. So even if food is driving purchasing decisions, it would work in United's favor.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
As does bringing up logistics. Amen.
Logistics is very relevant. It refutes preposterous statements about United only spending $10 on an international premium cabin meal.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 25, 2020 at 1:39 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member; please use multi-quote