FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of the Quality of UA's In-Flight Meals
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:21 pm
AeRoSpaceman

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by worldtrav
It wouldn't make a hill of beans difference if they didn't increase the budget.
And that is the problem. So status quo and we should just accept the slightly edible food? I just don't understand some of the posters here who think that the food on UA or even DL & AA are comparable to "some" OAL's. We supposedly have the three largest carriers in the world by number of passengers (please let me know if that is wrong), and we cannot put out a decent meal on domestic/international flights. There have have been many, many reports here on FT and outside of FT how OAL's provide a decent meal on even a less than 50 minute flight and serve the whole cabin. I just don't get this argument that what we have here is doing just fine for "passengers". Of course it is doing good for the airlines, I guess that is what matters. Is it too say that we who live in the US are just content with anything and never want something better? I guess I just don't get it. As UA_Flyer above stated, there is no point in posting photos anymore. The majority of the meals are not even presentable for a photograph. The ones he/she does post from OAL make all the meals from the big three here look like leftovers ready to heat up in the microwave...