FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - Business Class seats -- hard product comments
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:52 am
globetraveler

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I had a similar service experience on DEL-SFO last month; “service” was nearly non-existent. I find UA long haul crews to be incredibly inconsistent and I would argue that you have a much better chance of getting better service with domestic crews given they are typically younger / more motivated and less tenured than the battle axes bidding for long haul. This is a real shame as UA should be rewarding those who are giving better service, and those who are should be given access to the more desirable premium / flagship type routes. Unfortunately with union rules this simply isn’t the case.

On DEL-SFO I was rudely welcomed by an FA who told me I should be lucky that I wasn’t on a diverted inbound flight after I politely remarked how terrible the DEL ground experience was. This was followed by me having to beg for slippers; I was told by another FA that slippers were in short supply and that she’d have to prioritize to other passengers who had asked first.

I asked for the FA to hold my meal as the flight was delayed and we wouldn’t be in the air until 530am (this was a dinner meal service btw). She didn’t seem thrilled.

Upon waking up on numerous occasions I had to use my call button for water, not once in 16h did they proactively come through the cabin with drinks, except after take off and prior to landing. I at one point had to walk to the galley to ask for water as they weren’t responding to my call button request- they acted like I was inconveniencing them by asking for something as they were in deep conversation about their route bidding.

This had to be one of my worst UA flights on record.