FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL gates in DEN
Thread: DL gates in DEN
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:38 pm
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by A321neo
Wouldnt be surprised if DL do some gate squatting much like they are at DAL.

I'm not opining as to an opinion re: who's entitled to the gates, just noting that squatting has worked well before for them
Delta is squatting on gates at an airport they don't have a direct lease for gates at?

How exactly do they do that, if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
Interesting read! I’m hoping that DL still maintains the same amount of gates in DEN that they currently do (6 gates). Will be interesting to see what happens.
FWIW Delta actually requested an 7th gate if I am remembering correctly.
You certainly wont see Delta lose gates/leave DEN etc. The airport forcing them to do so would be incredibly illegal.
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I don't think that UA will be able gain control of all of the existing gates right away. I could see them getting the new gates first and once the C Concourse extension opens up, DL will probably have to move back to C and UA can then take control over the existing gates. They're just isn't really enough room on the other side of A with AA and F9 for DL to stay on A if UA does indeed get existing gates on A.
While this could be what happens its pretty unlikely. I just can't see Delta giving up its club it just built, nor can I see Delta keeping a club on A while being on C gates.
and I'm not sure there is a place for a club on C.