FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New route Podgorica
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:33 am
LiHS

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Originally Posted by paulaf
Many thanks for this, yes I noted it was the Fokker too on Montenegro, presume you'd avoid due to its age and therefore safety?
I wouldn't think it unsafe in the slightest, but they stretch their fleet pretty thin in the summer, including running a lot of flights to Russia, and the old F100 is the most likely to have a technical problem. They're not in any alliance (except for some sort of an association with Air Serbia. Air Serbia (JU) is another option for you if their flight is reasonably priced it's not too highly, if markedly less plush in J than it used to be just a few years ago (you might want to avoid the ATRs on the BEG-TIV leg, but I don't mind them for such short flights).

Like the look of Lufthansa as it flies to Tivat, do you think 1 hour 20 mins is long enough to connect in Frankfurt and likely to get luggage through? Business class fare is not too bad either.
Yes I understand about MCT but is Frankfurt difficult to negotiate? suppose also depends if flying in and out of different terminals.
The luggage stands a better chance than you do. However, since Sunday LH flights FRA-TIV leave at 15:20, you could always book a (much) longer connection. I'd rather spent a couple of hours in the lounge with a drink in my hand than spend weeks stressing over the relatively short connection to a 1pw flight.

If you choose BA, you can always stay the first night in Podgorica. Driving to the city from the airport takes minutes. It's not a particularly touristy place, but it'd do for a night. If you plan on taking advantage of the B component of the F&B offering it's easy to take a fixed-fare cab from the airport, stay the night downtown, and pick up a rental the next morning ahead of the scenic drive to Kotor. It'd also give you a bit of an insight into the "true MNE" as opposed to the heavily touristy Russian-dominated coast.