FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it even worth it to go for million miler lifetime status?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:56 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Lamour
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have 825K lifetime miles on UA, and I'd like to push for 1 million.
- is it even worth it to go for the million miler lifetime status. I'm currently Silver after 8 consecutive years of Gold with a few 1K's thrown in. Silver feels like such a downgrade, especially traveling internationally.

Thanks!
It depends....

If you have to travel for work and/or for personal needs, then why not go for it? You are close enough.

If you are just spending $ flying to achieve MM status as the only reason, then I would not suggest it. Just a personal view of mine that spending $ and valuable time sitting in an aluminum (or carbon composite) tubes for no other reason just to achieve airlines status that you cannot use unless you are flying, is not logical to me.

If you have to fly anyway and continue to fly after passing MM mark, then I strongly suggest doing it for the benefits others have mentioned already.