FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton York (UK) {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:03 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Had a drink in bar last night before leaving for gig , it was very quiet for a Friday night, gig was awesome, great crowd!...... got back at 1am , bar closed , hotel seemed almost deserted.
Slept well, bed is a uk super king size and very comfy , I won’t have time to use gym but have taken some photos and will upload when I get time.
Popped down just now to grab a coffee, breakfast looked nice, take away cups available but coffee not very hot........ will shower and go for breakfast shortly.........will report back!
Shower ( over bath type with curtain ) was powerful and very good.

BREAKFAST - 9-10am...this was a somewhat unpleasant experience, nobody’s fault but it was very busy i was seated at a table right next to the hot food queue, this was like setting a table up and taking breakfast in the middle of Paddington train station during rush hour....... kids running by, people leaning on our table to look down the food carousel........ again no big deal just a little irritating...... food was good, I just had granola and some eggs on toast ( egg chef happy to cook from fresh ) ...... coffee from machine is not very hot.
Checked out at 10 - 20 am, this was done swiftly and my car was fetched by concierge promptly ( valet parking is £25 ) .

CONCLUSION - solid stay , couple of annoyance’s like no robes in room and the chaotic breakfast but no real complaints .
I did forget to mention there was some chocolate and crisps left in the room along with the diamond water too.
I think I actually prefer the doubletree here but the Hilton is so much easier for the convenience of valet parking and I like that plus it’s secure ........... I would happily stay again and probably will .

ROOM NO - 327 (king Hilton Deluxe with tower view)

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton tower bridge ( 28/2/20 )