FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:28 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 747FC
I think you misunderstand the CDC advisory. Measles prevention recommendation includes vaccination. There is no COVID-19 vaccination, so one must:
  • Avoid contact with sick people.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
    • It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...onavirus-japan

Obviously, one can’t avoid contact with people who are not showing signs.

I won’t die from measles. I could from coming into contact with. COVID19 spreader, and even objects touched by one.
No, I don't misunderstand. You seem to disagree with the CDC, and think it's recommendations arent enough.
Again, you may have valid reasons to fear COVID19, but the CDC's watch is not proof of a significant danger to health.
Everyone has to make the assessment for themselves based on imperfect information and their own risk levels. The CDC has expresssly stated it does not recommend changing travel plans, though, and that it thinks hand washing etc is enough. You're free to disagree, but that disagreement isn't based on what the CDC says.