FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tempe Mission Palms REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:13 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Tempe Mission Palms REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Stayed here for three nights earlier this month - I was in town to visit family in Tempe. On prior trips I had booked the HR Phoenix but decided to give this a try as it was closer to the family we were visiting.
  • I loved the area compared to the HR Phoenix. Downtown Phoenix is dead, Tempe had a ton going on and this hotel is ideally situated.
  • We took the light rail here from the airport; the station is across the street but as it turns out they also offer a shuttle. The ride back to the airport we took the shuttle, it was around ten minutes. The shuttle leaves the hotel every thirty minutes.
  • We were upgraded to a south-facing “deluxe” king room. The hotel was sold out and I didn’t expect an upgrade. I’m not sure what was deluxe about the room but it was clean and in good working order. There was noise from the bar across the street, especially on Saturday. The hotel is clearly older (probably 80s vintage) but everything was clean and tidy. In the future I would avoid a south-facing room to avoid the noise from the bar across the street.
  • All of the staff were really very friendly. We had the same breakfast crew every day and they were really kind.
  • speaking of breakfast, I mentioned the hotel feels like it’s from the 80s and so does the buffet - fairly basic and had things like canned peaches and canned pears that I haven’t seen in a long time. That said, the breakfast prices were really reasonable and the buffet (15.95) includes eggs/omelettes cooked to order. I skipped the canned fruit and everything else was pretty typical. As a Globalist, we were told to order whatever we wanted and it would be removed.
  • Nice pool area with a small bar
  • Did not use the gym or late checkout so can’t comment on either
  • Again the location was ideal for us with so much in walking distance. Additionally Tempe has a free bus system based out of the transit center down the street with several routes, one took us right to the family we were visiting so we just did that each day.

the shuttle driver told us most of the business is conventions but I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in the area and would certainly choose it over the HR downtown.. there’s just so much to walk to and very convenient to the airport.

Last edited by River in Sight; Feb 21, 2020 at 8:57 pm