FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this a "fake" Flagship First ticket?
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:03 am
wetrat0

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
I agree with the other posters -- it's advertised as flagship first and so the flagship services including FFD should be provided.

If one were to try to deduce some logic on AA's part here, there is actually a good reason to sell this as flagship F and not J. Namely, the 772 J seat, which is what's being sold here, is very similar to the A321T F seat. In fact, on some 772 configs, I believe it's exactly the same seat though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The A321T J seat on the other hand is 2x2 without all-aisle access and with significantly less privacy. So for someone looking to purchase a flat bed "suite" on JFK-LAX, the hard product they're looking for is marketed as "flagship F" on this route. So it's actually not that confusing-- the hard product being offered as flagship F is completely consistent across flights.

Now, if they don't provide the soft product there will be a problem, but so far that is just speculation. AFAIK nobody has confirmed that the soft product won't be provided, indeed there's evidence that AA intends to offer the flagship soft product on JonNYC's twitter feed: