FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this a "fake" Flagship First ticket?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:27 pm
s0ssos

Originally Posted by MKLDH
I still think that is quite misleading. The screenshot I attached clearly states this product as Flagship First. And on the flight selection page you will see something like this:

If AA is treating this like a domestic first then it should remove the Flagship logo on the fare; if it is treating this like Flagship Business then it should be under the Business category, not the first. In other words, if someone does not notice the fare class issue, he/she will easily consider this as a deeply discounted Flagship First ticket. I think that is a problem of AA.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That would be a complete exception to how AA markets the 2 cabins on a 2 cabin service, so much so that in the benefits Dining and Check in , it explicitly states that these benefits are only where it is 1st class on a 3 cabin aeroplane

That the pricing is also for business class should provide some form of warning ( as it did to the OP ) that maybe it isn't a 3 class aeroplane

It seems very odd to put a 2 class aeroplane on that route - A while back AA did go and recode 1st class on 2 cabin aeroplane as business class ( JCDRI ) - why it continues to promote it as 1st is bizarre and leads to this situation

Unless the agent makes a mistake , I would not expect that dining will be given since it is clearly mentioned that 2 class does not get access

Stop calling business class , 1st class and the problem will go away and seems the logical solution to avoid in the future - Given $708 is the cheap business fare, $708 for 1st class should not require some form of special airline genius to figure that it might not be all it seems

Personally , I think that the $128 for premium economy seating is the steal being offered
Well, it definitely is AA trying to steal from the customer.

So, how do you define the column under "first"? Where it says Flagship? Which has a different price than business?