FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Reliable is ExpertFlyer?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:07 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
It appears that way from what I posted above. The only class that changed between the two AC segments is R availability, which does appear to be segment by segment.
That's not the case - availability can differ between the legs, especially when multiple carriers are involved. But I will say that recently AC seems to show much more highly correlated inventory between married segments than in the past, i.e. a lot fewer instances of seeing something like J5 ... P2 R0 on leg 1 and J1 ... P0 R0 on leg 2. I wonder whether this is due to the Amadeus transition.

Originally Posted by capedreamer
This is insane. No 'normal' customer should be expected to go to these lengths to receive something they're rightfully owed.
What a pain, but glad you were able to get this resolved

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wow.

To be fair though, nowhere do they advertise that you only need P (or actually Z in this case) for Latitude eUps.
As capedreamer pointed out, they certainly used to advertise this benefit. And do you think that removal of that was intentional, or perhaps a case of miscommunication/mismanagement of the website?