FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: AA Boarding Priority, Order and Related Issues (as of 2018)
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:22 pm
carlosdca

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by fly_away
Thanks for all the great info

- I do have an Aadvantage number but no status
- I looked up my economy class and it is class V. Any idea if that is more likely to result in group 6, 7 or 8

- My concern about the overhead bin space is because I am flying from NY to Phoenix and 1 hour later have a connecting flight out of Phoenix (on AA).
If they make me gate check my bag, would I get it back on airbridge in Phoenix or would it be checked all the way to the final connection?
If they gate-check it all the way to the final connection, should I be concerned about it getting lost since I presume the baggage tag will be handwritten instead of being printed?

Thanks
One factor is how many elites and how many AA credit card holders end up in economy on your flight.
Golds get group 4, Plat get group 3, I think holders of certain credit cards get group 4, etc.
So if your flight is full of elites, then there is a chance you get last group.

Being that you fly between hubs (NY and PHX) I would expect a plane full of elites and by the time you board, they will have started to gate check bags.
Plan accordingly.

Last edited by carlosdca; Feb 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm