FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incompetent UA can't add lap infant to OS award reservation
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:04 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miadeals
This is infuriating at this point, they left the booking reference in my account for the Lap Infant ticket saying it is $90. I literally could go to Austrian Air, but an Adult PLUS an Infant and pay only $77 total, inclusive of both+taxes. I am trying twitter right now because I can send them pictures, and someone finally understood what I am saying (because I could screenshot the 5 Euro infant price and the low adult price) and they are "looking into it." ...
UA'sTwitter does tend to have better agents. But what OS charges does not matter, UA will us the IATA 10% of fare available today international lap child fare rule. But as you say, $90 is still greater than that.

Sounds like you may have pushed a bit too hard with the first agent and they made a note in the PNR. Best to break off a discussion versus pushing back too many times. Because once the agent decides to document the discussion, it becomes very hard to get the next agent to override. This is true with UA, this is true with many other organizations. If the discussion is not going well, break off and get a fresh start with a new agent. You will see this advice across many FT forums.