FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. hotels caught on video refusing to allow Chinese guests for fear of coronavirus
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:19 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With regard to the mentioned Indiana hotels which refused to accommodate the American Hmongs as guests under some kind of bizarre Wuhan coronavirus excuse, one or both of those properties have Asian Indian owners. Maybe they have been watching too much sensationalistic, jingoistic “news” from India, a country that has never come to terms with its ridiculous anti-Chinese internment policy during and after the Sino-India war and has a continuing history of discrimination against other ethnic minorities too which have also been called “Chini” (and other things) by Indians even when they aren’t Chinese.

American Hmong community members don’t even get to Laos very often. The likelihood of an American Hmong having been to China isn’t all that high, even as it has been rising. I would be very much surprised if many of them or these two Hmongs in Indiana have been to China since they don’t even seem to get to Laos very often. The idea of two American Hmongs in Indiana checking in with a Chinese passport at the hotels seems highly unlikely, and my bet is that they would be using state-issued driving licenses to check-in.

I am glad that this kind of ridiculous discrimination was documented; and I hope it’s used to materially reprimand the parties engaged in unlawful discrimination.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 20, 2020 at 9:25 am