FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:08 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Hey gang - just a heads up. I am flying out of here on Thursday evening, then flying most of the day Friday from Seattle to Amsterdam. Let's try and finish off these questions by Thursday if possible. At that point, if any of you would care to submit some questions, please do. I will not get home until late February and will look forward to kickin' back and trying to solve your queries. In the meantime, I'll be at the Amsterdam Aviation Collector's Fair on Sunday, then flying from AMS to PHX via LHR where WHBM has kindly offered to drive out to Heathrow and meet up with me during my 2.5 hour layover. Then it's on to Arizona in First Class aboard BA's 787-9 after which I'll attend a couple of spring training Cactus League games with my Oakland A's (who have a decent chance to win the AL West this season, especially with the Astro's recent scandal having come to light.) So then, I look forward to your responses sooner than later.

I should also add that I've recently come across a large amount of old Airliner World magazines. My hope is to peruse them in the coming months and then come up with questions that are based more on airline and airport history as opposed to the schedule based questions that have thus far dominated this thread.

40 . (1959)
From San Diego you’ll continue on to Dallas, Texas. There’s a well-timed departure out of Lindbergh every Friday evening offering something called Royal Cavalier Service. Hmm. Sounds nice. Let’s book it. Identify the airline and aircraft you’ll be flying upon.
It was not Delta or a DC-7. It is also a supplemental airline...

62 . (1959) You’re flying on a domestic flight to Miami, Florida. The service could not be finer and you can even have a drink in a galley equipped lounge after lunch. Only one flight fits the bill. Identify the airline and which city you’re flying into Miami from.
National 707 (via Pan Am) identified.
Bonus Question: Same parameters as above, but this time a propeller driven aircraft.

63. (Winter of 1975) Based solely upon schedules found in the North American OAG, identify the longest nonstop flight of a Lockheed L-188 Electra found therein.
This service was not flown north of the 49th parallel. It was not flown in the U.S. or the Caribbean either...