FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mesm Tokyo, Japan, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:54 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As someone living in Tokyo, I would tend to say that it is fairly odd location, and slightly secluded corner. With nothing really close by. 9 minute walk to a station is pretty far by Tokyo standards. Taleshiba is closer, but the Yurikamome is not the most convenient line.

The challenge in Tokyo is of course to find space to build, so all things considered it is probably not as bad as all that.

I was thinking about checking out the place, but the price seemed overly high for a curiosity stay.
You'll spend about the same amount of time walking to Shinagawa from the Prince Sakura, and equal or greater time to any of the stations near the Prince Gallery. Westin? 10+ minutes to Meguro or Ebisu. Even CY Tokyo station requires 7 or 8 minutes of walking to actually get in to Tokyo Station, although it is right beside Kyobashi. I don't mean to sound arrogant saying this to someone living in Tokyo, but this is really not uncommon among the big chain hotels in Tokyo. Obviously it is a longer walk time than if you specifically position near a station at something like an APA property which affords you a lot of flexibility about where to stay.