FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring 2020 - SQ and MI service reductions
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:34 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
this is kinda what I thought. But I have no way of seeing that the flight exists because you can’t see the status that far out either. SQ didn’t rebook me on the cpt segment. I will be calling Aeroplan to try and get put on that flight b because the flight isn’t being “sold” I can only imagine how many times I’m gonna have to attempt to have this corrected.

also it means I won’t ever get to fly SAA which is a bummer as I was trying to cross off all the star carriers. They said it sounds like they won’t be around that much longer....
So I called Aeroplan and got things sorted...

They told me that because Singapore only really cares about replacing their cancelled flight, they didn't bother putting me on CPT-JNB-SIN, only JNB-SIN. Then predictably they told me they couldn't see the flight, which I already told them and rather than try to call SIA to have THEM put me on CPT-JNB, instead they stuck me on a 0600 South African departure from CPT on an A320. So I miss out on the 340 unfortunately, but at least I should still be able to cross off South African off my list. I HATE morning flights though and hopefully the airport in CPT isn't too far away cuz that'll just make it riskier that I miss that flight :/.