FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance companion sale from AMS - Asia € 1.085 - SYD € 1.550 plus others
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:26 pm
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Google flights and ITA Matrix both showed me availability that I could not book on any OTA or with Swiss directly. I tried different agents at Swiss who all claimed there was no availability on any date I asked for and you could really detect that they couldn't care less. Not a great impression really. Trial and error on the Swiss website using the special offer landing page where they show days the offer is available on the calendar helped me. After noting the dates and flight numbers the offer was available for I used their multi-city booking tool to piece together my itinerary and book it with Swiss directly online.

In the meantime, I have found the way to do it, although I do not need any more of these. Use Skyscanner and set your location to Netherlands (Language can still be English). Find your dates for your desired location. Either book it straight from there or (if you can) select the exact same flights on the Swiss website. The advantage with Skyscanner is that the OTA's feed their prices back before Skyscanner displays them. Do check though, that the booking is really labelled as business class. Some agencies use the P class fare but book into Y.